Since our establishment in 1963, over 400 people have worked for the McAdam family, many spending their whole career with us creating a legacy of iconic projects, but also supporting the next generation of young professionals. We continue to attract and inspire a diverse workforce, who are supported to grow and develop their careers whilst helping us deliver meaningful changes to the communities we work with.
A job in McAdam represents an opportunity to build a career alongside some of the most talented built environment professionals in our region. We support our employees career development at all levels including:
We recognise the need to provide an open environment that staff members feel valued, respected and supported through any challenges they might face professionally and personally.
We promote a collaborative and relaxed atmosphere within our workplace and with coffee break chats to summer barbecues, we celebrate our successes together each year with many informal and formal social events.
At McAdam we offer an attractive and competitive benefits package, flexible working arrangements, and proven opportunities to grow and develop your career so if you feel inspired to join our team why not contact us or apply for some of the job opportunities as they arise.
Northern Ireland Apprentice Week 2021
We are seeking a detailed focused Civil Designer and Civil Project Manager to join our busy Civil Infrastructure team in Belfast due to an increasing pipeline of work on a range of community improvement projects including Public Realm, Environmental Improvement Schemes, Blue/Green Infrastructure, MUGAs and Greenways. We will provide work / life balance, and opportunities for career growth and progression, through flexible working, membership of professional bodies and career progression towards professional status while offering a competitive salary and a diverse range of projects. • Applicants must have a degree in civil engineering, landscape architecture or related construction discipline, • Project Management experience, preferably with NEC contract administration, and ability to work effectively under pressure, to deadlines and as part of a team, • Civil Design experience, preferably on similar projects to those mentioned above, and ability to work effectively under pressure, to deadlines and as part of a team, • Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Experience in public realm / greenways / civil infrastructure projects would be advantageous but not essential, • 1-5 years' experience in a similar role, • Previous design office experience.Further details
Belfast (with remote working)
• Applicants must have a form of engineering qualification, ideally to HND/HNC level in a related discipline such as Civil Engineering. • 2-5 years industry experience within a civil design team. • AutoCAD skills / experience essential.
• Experience with specialised software such as ArcGis, BIM / Revit, Civil 3D, PDS, Microdrainage are preferrable. • Be able to work effectively under pressure with limited supervision, to deadlines and as part of a team. • Have excellent communication skills, both oral and writtenFurther details
• Applicants must have a third level qualification in a related construction or architectural discipline. • Circa 5-10 years post graduate industry experience in a similar Revit Technician role within a similar environment is desirable but will consider less. • Highly proficient in Revit and Autodesk Design Suite software packages including 2D AutoCAD and CADs RC. • Knowledge, interpretation and application of relevant client, industry standards. • Be able to work effectively under pressure, to deadlines and as part of a team. As Structural Revit Technician within our multi-disciplinary company you will have excellent collaboration skills with strong communication, both written and verbal.
With digital delivery becoming business as usual within the construction industry, we are seeking an individual who is passionate about improving the quality of design dleiver, using digital tools to help collaboration and improve design efficiency.Further details
A Degree and / or Masters in natural or built environment would be preferred, but not essential. A clean driving license.
Be able to work effectively under pressure, to deadlines and as part of a team Good, computing, written and verbal communication skills Available to start within the next 3 months. Experience of working within a consultancy environment would be advantageous but not essential Strong database skills Full driving licence and access to a vehicleFurther details
Belfast (Hybrid Working)
Degree in Civil Engineering, 2 years direct, relatable experience in water/wastewater, Driving Licence and access to car.
- Postgraduate Degree in Construction or Project Management, - Chartered, approaching chartered or driven to be chartered, - Strong Communicator, - Problem Solving, - NEC Training or Qualification.Further details
Belfast (Hybrid Working)Further details